One of the most tried and tested Indian home remedies for clear glowing skin is through the use of gram flour. Many famous celebrities attest to the effectiveness of using gram flour on their skin as one of the most treasured parts of their beauty routine.
So what is it about gram flour that’ so good for your skin? The answer is quite simple, gram flour is made out of chickpeas (also knows as garbanzo beans). Apart from tasting delicious, these beans offer a huge range of vitamins and minerals which are fantastic for healing skin and for fading dark spots.
What does gRam flour contain?
Gram flour contains:
- calcium- helps to regenerate new skin cells
- magnesium- when applied topically, it can prevent the overproduction of sebum in your skin
- vitamin C- reduces melanin production in the skin, allowing your dark marks to fade faster
- manganese- works as an antioxidant and protects your skin from sun damage
- zinc- regulates oil glands and works as an antioxidant
- vitamin K- helps improve circulation to reduce redness
The above vitamins and minerals work together to help heal your skin and even out your skin tone.
HOW SHOULD I APPLY GRAM FLOUR?
The best way to use gram flour is to use it as a mask.
1. Mix gram flour, yogurt, a teaspoon of turmeric, a spoon of lemon juice, and some milk until you have a paste
2. Apply the paste to your skin and leave it on until it dries
3. Rub it off and then wash your face with cold water. This can be done once or twice a week.
You can also just keep a container of gram flour in the washroom and mix it with water to use as a daily face scrub.
The AHA in yogurt, milk, and lemon juice helps exfoliate your skin, while turmeric boosts the ability of gram flour to lighten marks and brighten your skin.